Thursday, March 17, 2011

One man's trash, is another man's...wait...no...its still trash you idiot.

     I came home to find two repair men cussing up a storm in my kitchen. THEY FINALLY REPLACED MY DISHWASHER. I'm talking BRAND NEW, TOP OF THE LINE UNIT here people!  I've already dropped a load in it, and I can hear it doing its magic. MAGIC!  Once they had left, I realized that I left my phone charger in my car, so I hopped back down to the parking lot to grab it. Once I got out there, I see this lady with her arm in a sling, putting a nasty ass abandoned mattress from the garbage dumpster, to the top of her car.  The only thing that I could think to say to her was "Uh...um...do you need a hand?".  She looks down at her arm in a sling, then back at me.  "Heh..well I guess you could actually use a whole damn arm! Couldn't ya!?".  She didn't laugh...she just let out this frustrated grunt.  I hear somebody else making noise on the other side of the car, so I walk over, and there is this young teenage kid trying to get the box spring for the bed onto the roof as well.  The lady finally says to me "Can you help him lift that? He just moved into a new apartment, and lookie what we found! A perfectly good bed!".  I didn't say anything, but I carefully helped him lift it onto the roof.  "You'd better take a very close look at this mattress before you use it, you could get really sick, or get bed bugs or something.".  The kid says "Why? Do you have bed bugs around here or something?".  I said "Well, i'm not sure..but you DID just pick this thing up from right by the dumpster...ya know?".  They both just stared at me blankly.  "Ok..bye. Good luck moving in.". I ran back to my room.

2 comments:

  1. Hi G.I. - Well I am glad you have a new dishwasher. It was almost starting to look like you would have to get married.
    Yeah - it's a funny thing about people and the "treasure" they find in dumpsters. I suppose we should give them medals for recycling all the stuff the rest of us don't want. Hope all is well at the shipyard. Stay safe - Pops

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to leave this as a comment, I just wanted to say HEY! Hopefully you remember me! Hope you're doing well - your interview video cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete